Sunday, October 4, 2009

Big News

We're Moving to Omaha Nebraska!

While up in Salt Lake for M's Birthday Chad got a call from a company he's been talking to in Omaha & was offered a position.
We knew it was an exciting opportunity so we wasted no time in heading out there to check-it out. We packed up early Sunday morning and drove the 13 hours straight from Salt Lake to Omaha.

We met with Jon early Monday afternoon to touch base. He generously allowed me to grill him on all the questions I had about his company & what it would be like living & raising a family in Nebraska. I'm not sure if he expected all my questions but he was kind and patient in answering all my questions.
The next day Chad was taken on a tour of the Company's current jobsites & introduced to the Project Engineers, Superintendents and the VP of Operations. I was lined up with Dedee a local realtor to tour the city and look at houses.

I spent the day looking at the Old Market and the different suburbs of Omaha. I saw and heard about the amazing schools, zoo, park, children's musuems and other attractions of the city.
Through it all, Chad & I had all the right feelings ... this is where we're supposed to be. It was a BiG decision for us. -And yes, I did have my moment-

The moment when I was trying to work through all the changes this decision would bring & being so far from our families- and became totally terrified.
But Chad was amazing & we prayed and know it's right for us. I guess when opportunity is knocking ... sometimes you've gotta trust it & jump. So Chad accepted the position.
We extended our stay and by the end of the third day in Omaha we found it.
-THe hOuSe-
Our house. I walked into it and got the feeling- ... the one that says, "Yes, this is it. This is OuR home". We wrote up the contract with Dedee that night and sent it off.
We heard back late the next night. The homeOwners accepted our 1st offer with all that we had asked for. We were suprised there was no counter, but we learned another home selling in the same neighborhood had lowered their asking price earlier that day, so that may have spooked them. I don't think it was a coincidence, but whatever the reason I'm grateful and feel reassured in our choice.

We celebrated the news with Uncle Hake & Aunt Luann & spent the night visiting with them in their beautiful home in Denver. The next day we made our way back home to St. George.

Through the whole grueling trip M was nothing short of amazing. She handled the long rides, 2 days of house hunting & getting dragged here and there. She was good beyond anything I could have ever asked for. She was happy, flexible and incredibly adaptive the whole trip. We are so grateful for her patience with us & feel pretty lucky as parents.



4 comments:

Amber said...

Stephanie! I can't believe you moved! I am sad, but very happy for you! Sorry I didn't answer my phone when you called it didn't even ring...weird. Anyway congratulations! Keep in touch and have fun!

Amy and Dane said...

G! You bought a HoUsE?!?? That is exciting. I'm pretty sure you owe me a phone call lady :) I'll give you benefit of the doubt that you tried me today while my phone wasn't working. Blast, I love you girl!

Heather said...

Sounds like you have had a lot of changes in a short period of time. Crazy how life can change so quickly. Sounds like you are happy and having fun! Good to hear you are doing well!

Tina said...

We are so excited for you! Lady, now we have to come to Nebraska to see you...oh darn! hehe We will miss you guys, keep us posted!! Love ya!