Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fred, The Garden Frog

Today while gardening we found this little guy just chill'n under our Clematis plant & decided to name him, "Fred". Madi girl was beyond so excited to have him come to play, but before she got too riled-up I explained that Fred doesn't like to swim, or be held and could play with us for the day but would need to go back to the garden after Papa got home. She quickly said, "okay!" and her day with Fred began. For the first little while every move he made- or if she touched him- caused her to burst into laughs & run around the water table. Then she would squat next to him, excitedly talk to him and try to share her toys with him. He didn't seem to mind it- until she wanted to play with him in her sandbox or on the deck. By lunch, for Fred's own safety, he was relocated into "BeBe's" old fish aquarium (RIP BeBe). Madi carefully took that little aquarium with her all round the yard & was happy for hours! When Chad got home we introduced him to Fred & then after M went to bed I opened up the lid & left him back in the garden. After a full day of play with Madi, I hope he's okay. And I doubt he'll be sticking around to keep the bugs out of my flowers anymore.

No comments: