Sunday, September 28, 2008

She's Here!

Yey!!! Baby Madilyn is finally here!
Born September 23 @ 12:44 am
7lbs 13 oz
19 inches long

She came really, really fast. Total labor time- 4 hrs, (1.5 hrs at the hospital). It's crazy ... I felt like it took her soo long to get here but once she decided to come-she came fast! I started having contractions around 7 while making dinner but didn't think much of it since I've gotten excited more than once over what turned out to be nothing. As the night went on the contractions got worse and worse ... I held out until around 10 pm when Chad said I think you're having the real thing - and we left for the hopsital. I was so sure that we'd be told they were just braxton hick contractions that I told Chad we should just leave the bags in the car. After being checked we were shocked to hear that I was at a six!

Everything after that just seemed to pick up speed. An hour after being checked in my water was broken and I was at an 8. Ten minutes after that I was at an 10 .... It was so crazy ... and so amazing ... it really is a life changing experience. I can't even explain ..after waiting and waiting I feel like I wouldn't have had it any other way. She is everthing I could have ever hoped for and more!




3 comments:

Tina said...

WOW!! Lucky you! What a fast labor! That is awesome! I am glad she is here, and you both are doing well!!! :)

Erin Masi said...

Congratulations Steph!! She is so precious!! I know you will be a great mom!!

Becky Mendoza said...

Dang Steph, really? That is nuts, I can't believe that especially for a first birth! Good for you! That's so great! Denver's labor was 4 hours long too, but I was only at the hospital for 20 minutes before he came! :)